[Libreoffice-qa] REPOENED Status

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sat Aug 2 02:00:42 PDT 2014

On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:34:01 +0200, Florian Reisinger
<florei at libreoffice.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The bigger problem is the following:
> User A submitted a bug #123. A QA closes this bug as RESOLVED WFM. User
> A disagrees and puts the state to
> 1) REOPENED
> 2) NEEDINFO
>
> Sorry to say, but this "error" will continue...
>
> Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
> Florian Reisinger

I wonder if once we will have our own bugzilla it will be possible to have
a "REVERT STATUS" item which will automatically revert the status to the
one that was previously selected.

sometime a WFM is given to an UNCONFIRMED bug or to a NEW bug or even to a
NEEDINFO bug.

having a REVERT would reset the status quo avoding this kind of
inconsistencies.
I don't know if this is technically feasible.

moreover we should tweak the bugzilla to avoid that WFM -> REOPENED
transition and limit that chance only to FIXED bugs.

as said before, most of the users (including me) thought (and willi
probably keep thinking) that the WFM -> REOPEN was legitimate and logical
since it was offered in the menu while WFM -> UNCONFIRMED is not