[Libreoffice-qa] Suggestion for the use of pre-written responses

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Wed Aug 20 07:19:37 PDT 2014

Jay, *,

Not sure that codifying a bunch of "approved" QA exchanges is in the best interest of moving the QA process along--especially if we have to dig them out of a WiKi.   It would not do much to improve the QA flow, nor improve the readability of issues over their life span.

Otherwise, during triage we should all strive to be courteous.  By itself,  the automated  message delivered  "*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug xxxxx ***" is a bit too terse in closing a NEW issue as duplicate.  But believe including a simple "thank you" for posting would suffice.

If too many bugs like fdo#82701 are making it through,  then the Bugzilla and BSA "duplicate" issue filters may need to be improved.