[Libreoffice-qa] Media Support in LibreOffice

Owen Genat owen.genat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 22:07:48 PDT 2014

Robinson Tryon wrote
> I've created the following wiki page to help to collect and provide
> information about the status of media support in LibreOffice:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Media_Support

Thanks for getting this started Robinson. I have made a few minor
consistency edits. I note on the linked Quicktime Wikipedia page it states:

"As of the Mac OS X Lion, the underlying media framework for Quicktime,
QTKit, is deprecated in favor of a newer graphics framework, AV Foundation."

There seem to have been a number of commits (by Herbert Dürr and Tor
Lillqvist) on 2014-05-15 related to this:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?id=8bfbfc06fefb418269734cfb17c70a5ae5a42d2a

... but I am not clear about how (or if) this will affect the end user.

Is it worth including links to the official lists of containers / codecs
supported by each media framework? They are linked in this AskLO answer:

http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/854/what-video-formats-does-libreoffice-impress-support/?answer=1451#post-id-1451

-----
Best wishes, Owen.