[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:40:17 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I checked the params file today in gerrit, some notes*:
> - 'max_search_results' => '10000' - could you please change (or disable this
> limit) as LO product have more bugs (at least for testing)

LibreOffice does have a ton of bugs, but I'm not sure when we'd need
to display more than 10,000 bugs in a particular list. Got a specific
use-case in mind?

> - 'ssl_redirect' => 0, and 'sslbase' => '', - I would change it to https
> only for obvious reasons - this will have to have proper ssl certs generated

We're redirecting all web traffic to the SSL urls right now, and the
certs should check-out as documentfoundation.org. I'd like to keep the
params file in git, but the 'sslbase'  and 'urlbase' vars are the one
sticking point, as they'll be different for our production and
development/test servers.

> - 'timetrackinggroup' => 'editbugs', - empty to disable timetracking
> - 'useqacontact' => 0, - should be enabled

I don't have any strong attachment to the time-tracking, so we can
turn that off for now. I've re-enabled the QA Contact field, too.

> * I don't know how "test" is this test install - a total experiment (it
> changes very often) or those settings will be TDF Bugzilla settings?

In the absence of the specific data/params file from FDO, these
settings will be used when we migrate the bugtracker.

> BTW: Any thoughts about post-migration changes in permissions, Bugzilla
> workflow, settings? There is a lot of things that could be used on own
> Bugzilla to discuss...

There are a lot of different things we can do to modify and improve
the bugtracker. Now that we have everything in git, please feel free
to use that space as an opportunity to test out new ideas in a topic
branch. There's a short list of some needed improvements such as
increasing the maximum attachment size, as well as some proposals that
will merit further discussion, such as who has the power to change the
bug priority/severity to high levels.

Cheers,
--R

--