[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:44:10 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> New is at 8336 now, so probably will break this limit sooner than later.
> Anyway, I just want to display all bugs on the list, be it New or +20k
> Resolved ones. There is no such limit at FDO now.

Okay, I'll set the limit at 30k for now. If someone wants records of
every bug in the system, there are better ways to provide them :-)
Depending upon load and performance, we might want to rein-in this
limit more it in the future.

> Robinson Tryon wrote
> So, one should dig more into it then:
> 'allow_attachment_deletion' => 0, - should be enabled if admins want to
> delete attachments for real (as requested per users - private, confidential
> files)

Yeah, we'll have to agree on some protocol for deleting files (e.g. to
ensure that the request is coming from the uploader)

> 'docs_urlbase' => 'docs/%lang%/html/', - help files at
> https://bugzilla-test.documentfoundation.org/docs/en/html/using.html are not
> available

About 1GB (!) of dependencies later, I now have the right tools
installed for (re)generating the HTML docs from the XML sources. Oh
well, I guess disk is cheap...

> 'maxattachmentsize' => '1000', - shouldn't this be increased?

I was going to hold off on that until after the migration, but I've
been getting enough testing and feedback that I'll bump that to 10MB.

> 'password_complexity' => 'no_constraints', - this could be changed for
> security reasons

Sure, let's go with "letters_numbers" for now.

> I just read https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Development -
> could you please explain how to contribute paches for review in Gerrit? I
> never used it.

Sure -- take a look at the Gerrit page to get set up, then clone-out the repo:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gerrit

> BTW: you are changing test install back and forth - when it will be stable
> enough (read - this will be used as TDF Bugzilla)?

Aside from some cosmetic tweaks, I think the install is pretty stable.
I'm doing some more db tests this week, and will do some additional
tests to see how we handle #s of simultaneous users.

Cheers,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon