[Libreoffice-qa] How should Calc's WEBSERVICE function work?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Dec 13 01:15:52 PST 2014

Hello @ll,
either I do not understand this function (which might be ... ;) ) or
I found a bug in it ... :(

When I
1. start Calc
2. then enter, for example, "=WEBSERVICE
"http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?q=Berlin,de&mode=xml&units=metric""
in e.g. cell A1 (I have tried it with the German "=WEBDIENST
"http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?q=Berlin,de&mode=xml&units=metric"").

I get a cell with a lot of XML data in A1. Is this a feature or a
bug? I had expected, that Calc would insert all the data in
different cells, but without the XML code around ... :(

BTW: Why are there that much M$ Excel functions flooding Pootle? It
is really time consuming to find out, if they are patented, or
protected by any other rights ... :(
Have a nice day
Thomas.

--
NP: Mechanical Butterfly – The Alchemist