[Libreoffice-qa] mab4.2 to mab4.3 migration almost over

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:04:29 PST 2014

Le 16/12/2014 13:40, Tommy a écrit :

> of the original 83 mab4.2 that were open at the time of 4.2.x EOL, 12
> turned to be RESOLVED WORKSFORME in the 4.3.x or 4.4.x branch.

More of interest to me would be to know how many of the moved MABs are :

- more than 1 year old ;
- more than 2 years old ;
- even older than the above.

Shifting MABs is a convenient way of ignoring long-felt problems,
sprucing up the QA stats, and a bit like ignoring back pain and hoping
it will somehow go away.

Not that I have the capability of fixing the issues, mind you, but it
sort of takes the bite out of the opensource mantra which swears that
bugs get fixed more quickly compared to proprietary closed source projects.

The fact of the matter is that longstanding bugs put people off either
using the feature at all, hence dissuading them from even testing newer
versions for that feature, and/or cause the user to switch to some other
software which does do what he/she wants. Then you have lost the user
potentially for ever.

Alex