[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:05:40 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl> wrote:
>>     + UNCONFIRMED under 500
>
> One thing that may be handled too: when confirming also check if it
> worked before (regression or not) and such.
> (I regularly see issues where this isn't the case.)
>
> Maybe you have special work flow for this? I simply don't know cause I
> mostly can't read the mails/list

Checking to see if something is a regression is always appreciated :-)

I think the QA Team has grown this year both in size as well as in
skill, and I'm really looking forward to what we can accomplish in the
future. I think that once we feel comfortable being able to triage
incoming bug reports within a couple of weeks, we'll be able to spend
more time on each individual report, including regression checks.

Just looking at some bug stats:
436 UNCONFIRMED
of which 89 are enhancements

Regarding when the UNCONFIRMED were filed:
45 in last 2 weeks
67 in the last month
350 in the last year
86 are older

I know that some bugs are pretty tough to repro or triage. Instead of
having them hide out in the UNCONFIRMED list, let's make sure that
they're visible to the QA Team. Please tag these bug with
'needQAAdvice' in the Whiteboard:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Fields/Whiteboard/Advanced#needQAAdvice

We've currently got only two bugs (legitimately) in that list. Tag
bugs up, and we'll take a look!

Thanks,
--R

--