[Libreoffice-qa] Proposed mass bug change

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 21:40:27 CET 2014

On 02/02/2014 12:27 PM, Tommy wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 11:08:08 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure
> <jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 02/02/2014 09:06, Joel Madero a écrit :
>> [...]
>>> I can see the point of this but my suggestion is we wait until we get
>>> our own bug tracker and can prevent the spam that will go out. Also
>>> maybe make it so we only close a bug completely once it's been RESOLVED
>>> - SOMETHING for at least 6 months or something - that gives time for
>>> someone to actually change it back if they want to.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I think QA team should use VERIFIED / FIXED to confirm that a bug is
>> fixed because RESOLVED / FIXED is often set automatically.
>>
>> And bugs in verified / fixed state could be closed automatically after
>> some time (2 months for example) without change.

I agree that ideally we would go from RESOLVED - FIXED --> VERIFIED
FIXED -> CLOSED but our team I don't think is quite big enough yet to
accomplish this. My suggestion is we hold off until we have our own bug
tracker and continue to encourage more people to join QA - as it grows
we can tackle these large double checks and closes.

Thoughts?
Joel