[Libreoffice-qa] MAB

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 19:09:43 CET 2014

Hi All,

Can everyone be on the lookout for people putting their own bugs on MAB
list. I've seen an increase in users doing this and it's making the MAB
almost unmanageable. In the last few days I've told at least 4-5 users
to stop (in the nicest way possible but it's becoming harder and
harder). Sure signs are (1) when the reporter is the same person who
puts it on the list (2) the bug is still unconfirmed, (3) the bug report
is terrible (ie. no reproducible steps, no attachments, etc...), (4) if
a bibisect would be useful and one does not exist, and lastly (5)
severity/priority is screwed up.

Any of these or a combination is likely a user who has found out about
the MAB, thinks that it's a great way for them to get their bugs fixed
quickly so they just toss it on there without understanding the
procedures we have in place to avoid the MAB list becoming useless.

So if you happen to see someone can you gently tell them that the MAB
list is for contributors only and that if we determine their bug belongs
there we'll make sure to put it there. Also recommend that they consider
joining QA so they can learn about how we do things to ensure things are
efficient/effective.

All the best,
Joel