[Libreoffice-qa] Backtracing in Windows XP

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 18:11:12 CET 2014

Hi Christian

Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
>> > google says it is "PDF-XChange Viewer". You can try to move the plugin
>> > away from Firefox' plugin folder, so that LO won't load it/try the
>> > same with the adobe reader plugin for example.
>>
>> I don't use Adobe Reader. I tested temporarily removing the plugin. LO
>> still
>> crashes.
>>

> I'm not sure whether that actually was enough. I don't know whether LO/the
> plugin system searches for multiple paths. Can you double-check with the
> debugger that it doesn't load the plugin? And of course the trace of a
> crash without LO loading plugins also would be very helpful for the
> report.

I uninstalled PDF Xchange Viewer temporarily (which also uninstalled the
plugins, obviously). There is no crash so there is no trace output :) LO
simply displays the OLE placeholder as you expected.

However when there is no PDF reader on my system, I can still Insert PDFs in
a LO presentation and view previously inserted PDFs... So the plugin is not
needed for viewing or inserting PDFs in presentations???

Maybe this connection to the plugin is not needed at all?

Cheers,
Pedro