[Libreoffice-qa] 'free' testing on Moztrap

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 05:36:59 PST 2014

Hi Robinson,
Le 19/02/2014 22:08, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM, mariosv <mariosv at miguelangel.mobi> wrote:
>> In my point of view, link in Moztrap to BZ samples files good for test.
>> I think in this way could be easy in the future if one test fails, track
>> their bug, reopen it, contact developer who patch it, etc. With a
>> minimal expense of disk space, avoiding file duplication. We are green :-)?.
>> Maybe better invest the time in make easier report bugs.
>
> I agree that better integration between the tests (MozTrap) and the
> bug tracker (Bugzilla) would be very helpful.
>
> Sophie - When we ask a user to test one of their own documents, would
> it be possible for us to directly link from the testing page to
> Bugzilla/the BSA so that for a failing test, we could capture
> information re:
> - The user
> - The particular failing test
> - The document (via upload in the bug report)

Most of the time I don't expect the tester to be able to deal with
bugzilla. My main problem currently is that I'm not able to contact the
tester to get more information about his tests. Also, if the goal if to
make more NL participate in MozTrap, the will be reluctant if they have
to write a report in English or will write it in their own language.

> ??
>
> This would probably require us to hack on the BSA and fix it so that
> variables would be passed-in correctly, but perhaps that would be the
> strongest and simplest solution here...
>
>> Thinking around, could be possible use bugzilla, specially when it will
>> be in our administration, for have the test in it. It's a knowed
>> administration, easy for search, for use as reference from bug reports,
>> much more visibility when publish, one place less to administrate. I
>> don't know but I think merits for take a think about.
>
> +1 to richer integration!

Cheers
Sophie