[Libreoffice-qa] bug 61167

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 04:26:48 PST 2014

Le 21/02/2014 12:56, Pedro a écrit :
> Hi Sophie
>

> sophi wrote
>> I just don't understand what is the bug or the feature
>> request, so it still works for me :)
>
> Actually after repeating your instructions step-by-step, in my computer
> using LO 4.2.1.1 it doesn't even work... i.e. foo is not replaced by bar...

that strange, because I tested it with the same version under Ubuntu.
Note: it's not replaced until you select it, it's just a suggestion.

> If Urmas is creating an Exception dictionary and Exception means the same
> thing as in the Tools > Autocorrect options Help "letter combinations that
> you do not want LibreOffice to correct automatically" then it doesn't make
> sense that he expects the word to be capitalized. The rule applies to that
> single letter combination *because* it is an exception...

Yes for me, the exception is used only to enhance your language when
writing, for example suggest "may" instead of "might".

> You are right that it is not a bug and it doesn't make sense that it would
> behave differently if it is an *exception*
>
> Unless Urmas did not explain clearly...

may be but he didn't explain how to reproduce, he didn't explain if it's
a feature or a bug, I invite him to the user list...

> I still think you loose reason by closing the bug. This only annoys people.
> If the bug submitter does not understand your point he sees this as you
> using force to shut him up.

and I invite him to discuss here and each time give the steps on how to
reproduce. Why should I let a bug open when I don't see how to reproduce
it and there is no explanation done. This not a matter of reason but of
bug triaging. You know, I'm patient and old enough to stay calm ;)
Cheers
Sophie