[Libreoffice-qa] Urgent clarification for Bug submitters/triagers! Attention Devs!

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:04:37 PST 2014

Hi Christian, all

Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
> It has been written in all the related announcements such as
> http://www.mail-archive.com/

> libreoffice-qa at .freedesktop

> /msg06236.html

Only a Dev would find the following explanations obvious from the
announcement ;)

Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
>> 2) there will be no 4.2.2 release and the fix will be included in the
>> next
>> release which will be named 4.2.3
>
> That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Why would you leave a gap in
> the version number?

Many things in development don't make sense to common humans. That would be
just another one :)

Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
> As that bug doesn't reference any commit that fixes the problem, I
> cannot tell whether the problem is fixed or not in 4.2.2 branch.

Fair enough. I will check 4.2.2.1 for that specific bug.

Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
> Some ascii-art to either clarify or confuse:
> -+---------------- master branch          (dailies available here)
>   \---+----------- libreoffice-4-2 branch (dailies available here)
>        \#~~~~~     libreoffice-4-2-1 branch
>         \*****---= libreoffice-4-2-2 branch

:) Not art and not clarifying :) But I already understood you point. Thanks!

Cheers,
Pedro