[Libreoffice-qa] Manual tests prepared for RC2

M Henri Day mhenriday at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 07:04:09 PST 2014

2014/1/12 Sophie <gautier.sophie at gmail.com>

> Hi Henri,
> Le 12/01/2014 15:36, M Henri Day a écrit :
> > 2014/1/10 Sophie <gautier.sophie at gmail.com>
> >
> >> Hi Henri,
> >>
> >> Sorry for the delay,

> that

> directed
> product.

> >> test
> >>
> >> There is an explanation here:
> >> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MozTrap/User_Guide
> >> Also, there is the Mozilla documentation:
> >> https://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/latest/userguide/index.html
> >>
> >> Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question and thanks for your
> tests :)
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Sophie
> >

> > ​Sophie, I'm not quite certain that I'm doing the right thing, but after
> > downloading and installing the base package (
> > LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz<
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz
> >),
> > which went fine, and then downloading the Swedish helppack (
> > LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb_helppack_sv.tar.gz<
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb_helppack_sv.tar.gz
> >),
> > which also went fine, but where my subsequent attempt at installation
> > failed due to dependency problems (a notice to the effect that
> > libobasis4.2-sv was not installed appeared in my terminal),
>
> I'm not sure you have seen the post from Christian saying that he
> corrected the dependencies issue and rebuilt clean install set
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2014-January/006327.html
>

> I opened a
> > MozTrap account, clicked «Run tests», chose 4.2.0 RC2, and then selected
> an
> > environment, which included the following parametres : «Arch» (in my
> case,
> > further 49 report parametres appeared, starting with «Install
> LibreOffice»,
> > which, alas, I was forced to report as having failed, due to the
> dependency
> > problem mentioned above. I copied in the relevant portions of the
> terminal
> > log by way of explanation. Is this the sort of reporting you and MozTrap
> > had in mind, or have I utterly misunderstood ? I'd be most grateful if
> you
> > could take a look at the my MozTrap report and tell me whether I'm on the
> > right track or no....
>
> Yes, it's allright, you're doing all well :) adding details when the
> test fails is really a good thing. So thanks a lot, and don't hesitate
> if you have other questions.
>
> Cheers
> Sophie

​Thanks, Sophie ! Good to know that I hadn't entirely misunderstood ! As a
matter of fact, I did use Christian's link to access the clean install set,
but alas, it would seem that the dependency issue remains alive and well,
at least for the Swedish helppack. I'm hoping Christian will take a further
look at this matter and report back on this thread when the dependency
issue has been corrected ; I'll then try once again to install the helppack
and, in the event I succeed run further MozTrap tests....

À bientôt

Henri