[Libreoffice-qa] Manual tests prepared for RC2

M Henri Day mhenriday at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:57:37 PST 2014

2014/1/12 M Henri Day <mhenriday at gmail.com>

> 2014/1/12 Sophie <gautier.sophie at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi Henri,

>> that

>> directed
>> product.

>> to a

>> tests :)

>> > ​Sophie, I'm not quite certain that I'm doing the right thing, but after
>> > downloading and installing the base package (
>> > LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz<
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz
>> >),
>> > which went fine, and then downloading the Swedish helppack (
>> > LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb_helppack_sv.tar.gz<
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.2.0.2_Linux_x86-64_deb_helppack_sv.tar.gz
>> >),
>> > which also went fine, but where my subsequent attempt at installation
>> > failed due to dependency problems (a notice to the effect that
>> > libobasis4.2-sv was not installed appeared in my terminal),
>>
>> I'm not sure you have seen the post from Christian saying that he
>> corrected the dependencies issue and rebuilt clean install set
>>
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2014-January/006327.html
>>

>> I opened a
>> > MozTrap account, clicked «Run tests», chose 4.2.0 RC2, and then
>> selected an
>> > environment, which included the following parametres : «Arch» (in my
>> case,
>> which a
>> > further 49 report parametres appeared, starting with «Install
>> LibreOffice»,
>> > which, alas, I was forced to report as having failed, due to the
>> dependency
>> > problem mentioned above. I copied in the relevant portions of the
>> terminal
>> > log by way of explanation. Is this the sort of reporting you and MozTrap
>> > had in mind, or have I utterly misunderstood ? I'd be most grateful if
>> you
>> > could take a look at the my MozTrap report and tell me whether I'm on
>> the
>> > right track or no....
>>
>> Yes, it's allright, you're doing all well :) adding details when the
>> test fails is really a good thing. So thanks a lot, and don't hesitate
>> if you have other questions.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
>

> ​Thanks, Sophie ! Good to know that I hadn't entirely misunderstood ! As
> a matter of fact, I did use Christian's link to access the clean install
> set, but alas, it would seem that the dependency issue remains alive and
> well, at least for the Swedish helppack. I'm hoping Christian will take a
> further look at this matter and report back on this thread when the
> dependency issue has been corrected ; I'll then try once again to install
> the helppack and, in the event I succeed run further MozTrap tests....

> [...]

​Just a line, Sophie, to say that when I clicked the link provided by
Christian in his latest announcement regarding 4.2.0 RC2, unlike in the
previous case, a download link for the Swedish langpack (which has to be
installed prior to the installation of the Swedish helppack) was now
displayed, so the dependency problems which I experienced earlier didn't
turn up this time around. Thus I've been able to perform most of the
MozTrap tests, with excellent results. Kudos to the developers !...

Henri