[Libreoffice-qa] .odt to .pdf -- file extension question

M Henri Day mhenriday at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 07:06:22 PST 2014

2014/1/13 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am just asking here as I am not sure if this is a bug or a decision made
> by QA.
>
> When I create a document and then choose the option to export to .pdf, the
> regular PDF window opens, and, all if fine, BUT, when you then go on to
> "Export", the file name that shows automatically has the .odt extension
> tacked onto the end of the file. This then creates a file with the extension
>
> ?????.odt original file is then saved as
> ?????.odt.pdf
>
> Is this the intended behaviour that we want? Would it not be more
> appropriate to export the file and stip the original extension off the
> file? Like this:
>
> ?????.odt original file should be saved as
> ?????.pdf
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

​Hullo Marc,

I've just tested exporting documents in three different file formats -
.odt, .doc, and .txt - to .pdf, and in none of them did I experience the
odd behaviour you mention above ; on the contrary, all were​
​ saved, as expected, as .pdf files. This using LO 4.1.4.2 (Build ID:
410m0(Build:2)) on 64-bit Linux Mint 16....

Henri