[Libreoffice-qa] [SOLVED] Re: .odt to .pdf -- file extension question

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Jan 13 07:48:50 PST 2014

Le 2014-01-13 04:30, Marc Paré a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am just asking here as I am not sure if this is a bug or a decision
> made by QA.
>
> When I create a document and then choose the option to export to .pdf,
> the regular PDF window opens, and, all if fine, BUT, when you then go on
> to "Export", the file name that shows automatically has the .odt
> extension tacked onto the end of the file. This then creates a file with
> the extension
>
> ?????.odt original file is then saved as
> ?????.odt.pdf
>
> Is this the intended behaviour that we want? Would it not be more
> appropriate to export the file and stip the original extension off the
> file? Like this:
>
> ?????.odt original file should be saved as
> ?????.pdf
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

Sorry about that, I'm using the Linux .rpm v.4.2.0.2.

After reading both Pedro's and Henri's responses, I wiped my LibreOffice
folder in the .config and it now saves as it should.

All works great now! There must have been something causing the problem
from the changeover from the 4.1.x versions to the 4.2.0.2 version. It
was also doing it on the 4.2.0.1 version when I installed it.

Anyway, the quick fix does it.

Cheers,

Marc

--