[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes of ESC call 2014-01-09

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Tue Jan 14 12:46:05 PST 2014

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
> * Completed Action Items:
>     + test & document windows debug symbol server (QA guys?)
>         http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols/
>       [ Cloph uploading RC2 symbols, and also the source server! - so
> sources will be available
>         in the debugger too ]

Hi!
This is great news, thanks a lot, hope to test it soon. Hope wiki article
will be updated.

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote

> * Crashtest update (Markus)
>     + new crash-test / data:
>         + cf. http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/
>     +
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/2bb1a845a25ca9a39c96f37995453844461aed4e/
>         + import crashes pretty good now
>         + export still not too good
>         + validation errors still high unfortunately

How one can help with these? I have checked some bugs and their status is
FIXED or an exported attachment is irrelevant to the bug itself. Should
those crashers be marked somehow, bugs reopened or cloned into new reports,
BTs added?

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote

>     + many bugs are actually feature requests [...]
>     + 25% of NEW bugs are feature requests though -- which is good

Anyone ever reviewed those enhancement requests (for instance UI changes)? I
wonder if bugs marked as such (more than 1000) are any help for
developers...
Best regards.