[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes of ESC call 2014-01-09

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 15 03:49:20 PST 2014

> Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
> >
> > * Crashtest update (Markus)
> >     + new crash-test / data:
> >         + cf. http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/
> >     +
> >
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/2bb1a845a25ca9a39c96f37995453844461aed4e/
> >         + import crashes pretty good now
> >         + export still not too good
> >         + validation errors still high unfortunately
>
> How one can help with these? I have checked some bugs and their status is
> FIXED or an exported attachment is irrelevant to the bug itself. Should
> those crashers be marked somehow, bugs reopened or cloned into new reports,
> BTs added?

You can help by fixing the crashes or validation errors. Additionally there
are a number of scripting tasks to make the information a bit pretty.

IMHO it makes no sense to treat them as normal bugs or check the bug
reports. The bug numbers in there are just part of the name of the file. It
does not mean that they have any relations to the bug report. From my point
of view the crash testing is more a developer tool that we use similar to
unit tests to improve quality. From a QA perspective I think you can just
enjoy the numbers and the improved quality.

Regards,
Markus