[Libreoffice-qa] Whiteboard Keyword - interoperability

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:04:36 PDT 2014

Hey Jay,
On 07/12/2014 04:49 PM, Jay Philips wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Hope everyone is well. Well i've been adding the whiteboard keyword
> 'interoperability' to bug reports that relate to files that are not the
> native odf format, like html, wpd, rtf, doc, docx, etc. Is this correct
> or should it only be limited to MSO formats like doc, docx, and rtf.

So my opinion here is that this is for the most common alternative to
odf - which means just ooxml and doc files (not rtf). The benefit of
this is that the list is limited to really the format that the vast
majority of users are worried about so when we search for
"interoperability" in bugzilla we aren't having this ridiculously long
list that covers every single other case outside of odf filter.

I can say that "as a user" I've never heard someone say
"interoperability" and be referring to anything outside of the ooxml and
doc/xls etc... extensions.

My two cents - but I think we need to peg this down so that we are
consistent :)

Best,
Joel

P.S. For triagers that are putting in a lot of time it would be great to
start using whiteboard status' more. Jay has been doing a great job in
this department. I think in the future when we want to do more things
(such as compiling a list of known compatibility issues with ooxml
filter) that having the whiteboard status' will be tremendously beneficial.