[Libreoffice-qa] Whiteboard Keyword - interoperability

Adam Fyne adam.fyne at cloudon.com
Mon Jul 14 00:46:56 PDT 2014

If we're touching the subject - why not use 'DOCX' as a whiteboard keyword ?
That would be very helpful to search for duplicates before filing new bugs.
(or is this already an existing keyword?)

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Jay,
> On 07/12/2014 04:49 PM, Jay Philips wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Hope everyone is well. Well i've been adding the whiteboard keyword
> > 'interoperability' to bug reports that relate to files that are not the
> > native odf format, like html, wpd, rtf, doc, docx, etc. Is this correct
> > or should it only be limited to MSO formats like doc, docx, and rtf.
>
> So my opinion here is that this is for the most common alternative to
> odf - which means just ooxml and doc files (not rtf). The benefit of
> this is that the list is limited to really the format that the vast
> majority of users are worried about so when we search for
> "interoperability" in bugzilla we aren't having this ridiculously long
> list that covers every single other case outside of odf filter.
>
> I can say that "as a user" I've never heard someone say
> "interoperability" and be referring to anything outside of the ooxml and
> doc/xls etc... extensions.
>
> My two cents - but I think we need to peg this down so that we are
> consistent :)
>
> Best,
> Joel
>
> P.S. For triagers that are putting in a lot of time it would be great to
> start using whiteboard status' more. Jay has been doing a great job in
> this department. I think in the future when we want to do more things
> (such as compiling a list of known compatibility issues with ooxml
> filter) that having the whiteboard status' will be tremendously beneficial.

[image: appicon.png]

*Adam Fyne*

Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/cloudoninc> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudon> | Facebook