[Libreoffice-qa] bibisect: how to update after tarball download

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jul 23 03:25:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

I downloaded bibisect-43all.tar.xz and unpacked it. Now, the wiki page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bibisect (and common sense)
suggest that I should be able to "git pull" to get new builds, but the
wiki page does not list any git:// (or ssh:// or whatever) URLs I
could use to fetch/pull from. Only tarball download.

Also, the xz compression takes ~rather long to uncompress (the unpack
is clearly CPU-bound in the xz decompression process) and wins only
0.016% (a bit less than 2MiB) over the uncompressed tar. I'd suggest
it is not worth the compression (or use a much faster algorithm than
xz)...

--
Lionel