[Libreoffice-qa] Toolbar Proposal Completed

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sun Jul 27 01:06:10 PDT 2014

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 00:22:18 +0200, Jay Philips <philipz85 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I guess i should have been clearer with my initial email. :)
>
> The purpose of my toolbar proposal is to provide most users a good set
> of default toolbar buttons, as most users dont customize their toolbar.

I see only potential issues changing the default set.

experienced UI users would not take any benefit from a change since they
will keep using their custom preset

unexperienced user who never customized the toolbar could be disoriented
by the new setup, thinking some buttons have been "removed"

> And when users dont find the necessary buttons in the toolbar, they go
> through the menus looking for the functionality.

if they never customized it before why should they do it after you change
the default set?
prepare to see useless bug reports about "button" is missing (which is
not) etc. etc.