[Libreoffice-qa] Using lldb to debug LibreOffice on OSX

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:03:59 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Anyone on this list with experience in using lldb to debug LO on OSX ?
Apple has withdrawn gdb support from XCode and its command line tools on
OSX 10.9 (latest updates), which means that one has to use lldb.

That would be all well and good, except that when I start LO within
lldb, I don't see anyway to enter commands, the app never releases to
the debugger shell. Is there some magic key combo that one has to use ?

It makes no difference whether I run either just the LibreOffice.app, or
drill down to the soffice binary.

Any help, hints, pointers, much appreciated.

Alex