[Libreoffice-qa] Using lldb to debug LibreOffice on OSX

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Jun 4 09:25:31 PDT 2014

Hello Alex, *,
On Mi, 4. Jun 2014 11:03 Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Anyone on this list with experience in using lldb to debug LO on
> OSX ? Apple has withdrawn gdb support from XCode and its command
> line tools on OSX 10.9 (latest updates), which means that one has
> to use lldb.

though I am neither using Mac OSX nor lldb, but ...

> That would be all well and good, except that when I start LO
> within lldb, I don't see anyway to enter commands, the app never
> releases to the debugger shell. Is there some magic key combo that
> one has to use ?

A quick search reveals http://lldb.llvm.org/lldb-gdb.html. When I
look at, it seems, that you have to use "process launch" (maybe
followed by "run" and/or "r"?) instead of gdb's run.

> It makes no difference whether I run either just the
> LibreOffice.app, or drill down to the soffice binary.
>
> Any help, hints, pointers, much appreciated.

Maybe the above link is enough ... ;)
HTH and have a nice afternoon
Thomas.

--
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.
		-- Michel de Montaigne