[Libreoffice-qa] New Whiteboard Statuses

Joren DC jorendc at libreoffice.org
Thu Jun 5 05:42:56 PDT 2014

Hi Xisco, *,

Xisco Faulí schreef op 5/06/2014 10:32:
> does it make sense to include another status for the regression issues
> where the problematic commit has been identified ? I'm asking it
> because yesterday I spent some time on this task and I could chase
> down two regressions, one of them made by a Collabora developer ( I've
> already sent him an email ) and the other by a merged AOO commit.
I'm not sure about this.
If you did track the bug down to a single commit (or developer), I think
the keyword 'regression' + whiteboard 'bibisected' + a ping on IRC/CC or
email to the particular developer is the best way.

I think having the commit range, clear step-by-step actions, good
summary/title and prioritizing is the most important in that case. I'm
quite sure a developer who's willing to hunt down a regression will see
the comment pointing towards a particular bug. Especially if you comment
on it and place him/her in CC at once.

Kind regards,
Joren