[Libreoffice-qa] New Whiteboard Statuses

Kohei Yoshida libreoffice at kohei.us
Thu Jun 5 07:14:43 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 16:07 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 09:06:07AM -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > So, to me personally, this practice of "witch-hunting" (or
> > finger-pointing) really bogs me down, especially I receive such notice
> > hundreds of times during a typical development cycle.
>
> There is no witch-hunting in this and lets please not put it in there by
> escalating to such vocabulary. The simple fact is that the author of a change
> is the one most obvious person to shed light on the issue.

I'm only saying how that may be peceived (and some are quite
aggressive).  Anyway, feel free to ignore that if you are not
interested.

> Having this info fast and at the right place is essential to have a good view
> on the state of the release and keeping everything smooth on track for
> train-based release schedule.

Yup, and normally the last person that touched the area gets all the
pleasure of being notified of similar sounding bugs.

> Of course, if there are concrete proposals on how to improve interaction
> between triagers and developers that work for everyone, those are most welcome!

No, I don't have a concrete proposal since I'm just giving my feedback.
Ignore me then, and continue on.

Bye,

Kohei