[Libreoffice-qa] New Whiteboard Statuses

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:47:10 PDT 2014

Hey Xisco,
> Hello all,
>
> does it make sense to include another status for the regression issues
> where the problematic commit has been identified ? I'm asking it
> because yesterday I spent some time on this task and I could chase
> down two regressions, one of them made by a Collabora developer ( I've
> already sent him an email ) and the other by a merged AOO commit.
So in general never send a personal email to a developer unless you've
been told that this is okay by the developer themselves. Our developers
gets hundreds of emails per day and adding more just becomes
problematic. It is sufficient to put the bibisect on the bug, say you
think it might be a particular commit and if the bug is very serious
(crashers/data loss) to add it to the most annoying bug list. This is
sufficient to highlight the bug. Personal emails pointing fingers can
irk some of our developers so best to just let them track the bug
tracker the way that they see fit.

All the best,
Joel