[Libreoffice-qa] BugZilla enhancemnet suggestion

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sun Jun 22 23:38:06 PDT 2014

Hi Florian, *,

Florian Reisinger wrote (23-06-14 05:52)

> Oh, I thought you meant integrating directly in bugzilla...

Yes, that is what I wrote too.
(Big advantage of proper quoting & replying in mail ;) )

> You know we as QA do have a lot of things on the list to improve stuff...

I know, since I am part of the battle against a considerable workload
caused by duplicate issues and 'help-requests' (thanks to BSA..).
Hence my suggestion: in a reported bug, add a button that starts a query
based on the summary of that issue, not necessarily the component, and
that opens the result in a new tab.
Makes finding duplicates much faster.

> But some does require coding... Like the bugzilla things, a GUI for
> bisect and the other items of Joel's list ( ;) ). We are full of
> fancy ideas, for now that is not a big deal to get ten....

Great that the team knows what is needed to improve the work, make it
more effective.
Personally I would avoid the terms "fancy ideas". Having worked some 6
hours yesterday in BugZilla, one can only conclude that there is a
serious need for tools that make it easier to get the work done. To much
just isn't.

Then if there is no possibility/time/skills in QA to do that: we are not
alone in TDF, are we? And there are donations to get improvements in the
tooling done. So..

Cheers,
Cor

--