[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 09:44:21 PDT 2014

* Participants: Stephan, Christian, Adam, Miklos, Michael S., Caolan,
   Eilidh, Cedric, Andras, Robinson, Astron

* Completed Action Items
     + invite Muthu (Michael)
     + get Board involved to listen / interact over 'titles' (Astron)

* Pending Action Items:
     + research / seek a saner access2base solution for master (Stephan)
     + ask UX advise wrt. wrench icons (revert or not ?) (Astron)
     + scripting to generate / list last week's UI changes (Cloph)
         + started
     + review crazy SfxItemPool hash speedup patch (Kendy)
     + blog about the sad realities of web plugins (Bjoern)
     + poke potential Boston Hackfest hosters again (Michael)

* GSOC Update (Cedric)
     + mid-term evaluations this week [!]: 23rd-27th June.
     + all mentors did evaluatins, all going well, Cedric keeping an
       eye on it

* Release Engineering update (Christian)
     + 4.2.5 retrospective
         + released last Friday
         + no update check yet, tbd today (incl. 4.1 -> 4.2.5)
     + 4.3.0 UI and string freeze:
         + 1 review needed after the tag for rc1
     + 4.3.0 RC2 status
         + deadline next Monday, branch-off next week
           (2 reviews req. after that)
     + Android / iOS remote
         + no pending patches
     + Late features ?
             + OpenGL pieces / status
                + impress work as well ?
                     + pending GL capabilities check to avoid crashes
                        + mostly affects Linux ...
                     + pending various fixes for GLTF rendering.
                      [ starting to be at risk ! ]
                + experimentalising 3D chart bits.
                    + at risk [ Tamas to look at that ]
             + Calc performance fixes (?)
             + Writer performance fix
                + did see crashes with that on the stack (Stephan)
                    + not sure if that's related
                + in 4.3 by now

* Crashtest update (Markus)
       + new result based on build from Sunday, June 15th

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/76f0a1307f779faf4f590fefafc445c077a39f26
       + summary is available as

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/76f0a1307f779faf4f590fefafc445c077a39f26/exportCrashes.csv

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/76f0a1307f779faf4f590fefafc445c077a39f26/importCrash.csv

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/76f0a1307f779faf4f590fefafc445c077a39f26/validationErrors.csv
       + memcheck results
           + thanks to the City Of Largo
               + http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/crashtest/memcheck.zip
               + grep for 'Invalid' or 'conditional jump'
           + most serious already fixed
       + machine rebooted itself unhelpfully midway through... (Cloph)

* Certification Committee (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy)
      + waiting until ~September

* writerfilter / XSLT -> python (Miklos)
      + started working on it, code gen via XSLT dubious,
        done via Python now

* AOO merging / regressions (Caolan/Miklos)

    The 78908 and 79158 are probably both the same problem and are due to
    the integration of Armin's stuff. I test-merged the remainder of his
    stuff and it definitely fixes 78908, but then clobbers our character
    border feature, sigh. I pushed all of that to the

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?h=feature/aoo-fillattribute
branch

     + Miklos plans to look at branch next week

* Hackfests (Bjoern)
     + Paris Hackfest:
         + June 27-28th
         + please add yourself to the wiki:
             + https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Paris2014
         + 12 people listed so far
     + Boston Hackfest:
         + July 26-27th
         +
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2014/US_Summer_Hackfest
             + Tough to line-up mentoring devs
                  + would appreciate developers via Google Hangout etc.
             + QA is happy to recruit programmers for our internal
               projects, but would like to share w/the dev team.
             + poke potential hosters again (Michael)
     + (possible) Seattle
         + Oct 25-27
         + Straw poll: Who could make these dates?
             + prolly better to ping people individually (Michael)
     + Be great to have -really- easy easy hacks for devs (Bjoern)
     + Toulouse Hackfest ...
         + Confirmed for Nov. 15-16th
         + more details:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Toulouse2014

* HackFest Box (Kendy)
     + did we get board approval for that yet ?
        + no - in the budget extensions, but no ranking yet (Michael)

* QA (Robinson)
     + Unconfirmed count ?
         + down to 972
     + Needadvice
     + Bibisected regressions still increasing ...
         + help appreciated.
     + bug hunting session last weekend starting Friday.
         + went well
     + buzilla migration (Norbert)
         + hoping we can do it in June/July timeline.
     + channel busier again now

* UX Update (Astron)
     + title resolution ?
     + team positions in the design team, took discussion to

<http://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg03268.html>

* QA stats:
   + https://bugs.freedesktop.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html
     +232    -179        (+53 overall)
     many thanks to the top bug squashers:
         Cor Nouws           26
         Joel Madero         15
         Jay Philips         12
         Maxim Monastirsky   11
         ign_christian        9
         Markus Mohrhard      7
         Andras Timar         6
         tommy27              6
         Julien Nabet         6
         Jorendc              5

* Open 4.3 MAB
   + 6/27 5/24 5/22 3/20 5/16 4/12 2/8 3/7 2/5 1/2 1/2 0/1 0/1
      22%  20%  22%  15%
   +
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=75025&hide_resolved=1

* Open 4.2 MAB
   + 74/212 74/210 71/207 71/205 73/200 64/190 62/184 49/165  18/128 19/124
      34%    35%    34%    34%    36%    33%    33%    29%     14%    15%
   + https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=65675&
hide_resolved=1

* Bibisected bugs open: whiteboard 'bibsected'
   + 81/274 79/265 75/259 70/249 59/231 48/215 45/208 46/207 47/201
     + http://bit.ly/VQfF3Q

* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
     + 362(+14) bugs open of 2748(+34) total
             ~Component   count net *