[Libreoffice-qa] "The file $filename$ could not be loaded." error, when trying to use Thunderbird's address book as data source

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 16 09:55:35 PDT 2014

Hello @ll,
when I try to use Thunderbird's/Icedove's address book as the
address data source, I get the error message in the subject ... :(

How to reproduce:

1. Go to "File – Wizards – Address Data Source..."
2. Select "Thunderbird/Icedove"
3. Press the Enter key

You will get the error message
<quote>
The file $filename$ could not be loaded.
</quote>

... :( Is this intended, or is it a bug? I would expect a more
useful error message á la "I cannot find any installation of
Thunderbird/Icedove" or "The directory ~/.mozilla/thunderbird" is
missing. Are you sure, you have Thunderbird/Icedove installed on
your system?" or something like that ... ;) When I use the
Germanophone UI, I get the message

<quote>
Die Datei $filename$ konnte nicht geladen werden.
</quote>

, where "$filename" is not translated ... :(

Discovered with
LO: Version: 4.2.3.1 Build-ID:
3d4fc3d9dbf8f4c0aeb61498a81f91c5b7922f13 (parallel installed,
following the instructions from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with
Germanophone lang- as well as helppack
OS: Debian Testing i686