[Libreoffice-qa] "The file $filename$ could not be loaded." error, when trying to use Thunderbird's address book as data source

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 16 11:12:30 PDT 2014

Hello Sophie, *,
On Sonntag, 16. März 2014 18:49 Sophie wrote:
> Le 16/03/2014 17:59, Jochen Schiffers a écrit :
>> Am 16.03.2014 17:55, schrieb Thomas Hackert:
>>> Die Datei $filename$ konnte nicht geladen werden.
>>>
>>> , where "$filename" is not translated ... :(
>> Please can somebody "No-English" or "No-German" test, if this
>> problem exists in another language also.
>
> I've tried with the FR langpack but I couldn't reproduce the bug,
> the database is created so I don't get the error message with the
> not translated variable.
> I'm with Version: 4.2.3.1
> Build ID: 3d4fc3d9dbf8f4c0aeb61498a81f91c5b7922f13
> Ubuntu 13.10

thanks for testing :) Does it mean, that you are using
Thunderbird/Icedove, so ~/.mozilla/thunderbird exists? Would you be
so kind to close your running Thunderbird completely and rename this
file to something like ~/.mozilla/bla and test it again, please?
TIA
Thomas.

--
BOFH excuse #221:
The mainframe needs to rest. It's getting old, you know.