[Libreoffice-qa] [QA] Bug Tracker Feature Request

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Tue Mar 18 10:43:48 PDT 2014

jmadero wrote
> So we're getting really into the planning stages of our own instance of
> bugzilla. That being said we are compiling a list of requests that could
> improve how users/devs/and QA interact with it. If you have any ideas
> feel free to add:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Projects/Ideas/Self-Hosted_Bugtracker#What_Features_We_Want
> The sooner the better so we can prioritize and plan accordingly.

Hi!
Seeing is believing... I have a question regarding € 3000  budget for own
Bugzilla - is it for hardware or having a Bugzilla perl coder/administrator
freelance contract? Someone have to administer this instance in the
background (www server, perl modules, database, updating all of those,
backups etc.) and foreground (Bugzilla itself). 24/7 in current worldwide
workflow.
Most of requests from that list will have to be coded especially for LO
instance and some of them are old Bugzilla's own bugs. Instead of
introducing new features I would propose to gather ideas how to utilize
Bugzilla build-in features more regarding access controls, flags, custom
fields, requests, whining etc.
My first proposal is to deny editbugs privilege for everyone but QA, DEVs
and experienced bug triagers.
Best regards.