[Libreoffice-qa] [QA] Bug Tracker Feature Request

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:52:36 PDT 2014

Hi there,

> Hi!
> Seeing is believing...
:) Well good news is we got our test VM up yesterday - so there is at
least a baby step forward ;)
> I have a question regarding € 3000  budget for own
> Bugzilla - is it for hardware or having a Bugzilla perl coder/administrator
> freelance contract? Someone have to administer this instance in the
> background (www server, perl modules, database, updating all of those,
> backups etc.) and foreground (Bugzilla itself). 24/7 in current worldwide
> workflow.
The € 3000 is for the migration itself not for administering it once it
is setup.
> Most of requests from that list will have to be coded especially for LO
> instance and some of them are old Bugzilla's own bugs. Instead of
> introducing new features I would propose to gather ideas how to utilize
> Bugzilla build-in features more regarding access controls, flags, custom
> fields, requests, whining etc.
+1 - we'll be investigating these as well but part of the reason why we
are leaving FDO's structure is to really modify the bug tracker to fit
our needs. I think we have a solid list of wants, some of them might be
currently incorporated into bugzilla some of which might need to be added
> My first proposal is to deny editbugs privilege for everyone but QA, DEVs
> and experienced bug triagers.
+1 - this is definitely one of the priorities.

Best,
Joel