[Libreoffice-qa] [QA] Bug Tracker Feature Request

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:13:35 PDT 2014

On 03/18/2014 12:02 PM, bfoman wrote:
> jmadero wrote
>> The € 3000 is for the migration itself not for administering it once it
>> is setup.
> Hi!
> OMG.
I should have clarified that ;) It's been "allocated" for that but
that's just in case it's needed not already spent ;)
> Anyway who will administer the own instance? I am asking because every
> custom change in Bugzilla will have to be done pretty much manually whether
> it is a change in the perl code (any perl coder on stand-by?), template
> toolkit files (any tt magician on stand-by?) , database or Bugzilla itself
> (any Bugzilla experienced admin on stand-by?). Of course those changes have
> to be tested before landing on production, the best in an automatic way
> using customized Bugzilla's QA selenium tests (any Selenium expert on
> stand-by?). So I hope 'own Bugzilla' project is not only about cloning the
> current FDO instance, deleting unneeded bugs in both and taking  € 3000 for
> it... The future of this bug tracker (and implementing any changes) depends
> on having a contractor/freelancer or dedicated volunteers. Having another
> update on yet another list is IMHO last thing needed as there are already
> older wishlists:
We aren't sure yet about administering it - I mean we have dedicated
volunteers already who will be starting the process - beyond that we'll
be discussing options in the near future within the board.
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/ImprovingBugzilla
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/How_to_Improve_Bugzilla
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/OwnBugzilla
Yes these are the wishlists we are working with ;)
> Best regards.
> P.S.
> The next version of Bugzilla (5.0), with its new features, is already
> testable at https://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-tip/.
Nice I'll pass this on to Robinson who is doing the VM setup.

Best,
Joel