[Libreoffice-qa] [QA] Bug Tracker Feature Request

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Tue Mar 18 12:02:16 PDT 2014

jmadero wrote
> The € 3000 is for the migration itself not for administering it once it
> is setup.

Hi!
OMG.
Anyway who will administer the own instance? I am asking because every
custom change in Bugzilla will have to be done pretty much manually whether
it is a change in the perl code (any perl coder on stand-by?), template
toolkit files (any tt magician on stand-by?) , database or Bugzilla itself
(any Bugzilla experienced admin on stand-by?). Of course those changes have
to be tested before landing on production, the best in an automatic way
using customized Bugzilla's QA selenium tests (any Selenium expert on
stand-by?). So I hope 'own Bugzilla' project is not only about cloning the
current FDO instance, deleting unneeded bugs in both and taking  € 3000 for
it... The future of this bug tracker (and implementing any changes) depends
on having a contractor/freelancer or dedicated volunteers. Having another
update on yet another list is IMHO last thing needed as there are already
older wishlists:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/ImprovingBugzilla
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/How_to_Improve_Bugzilla
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/OwnBugzilla
Best regards.
P.S.
The next version of Bugzilla (5.0), with its new features, is already
testable at https://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-tip/.