[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.2.3 RC2 test builds available

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Thu Mar 27 08:48:25 PDT 2014

Christian, *,

>The release so far is only on pre-releases server, not on the mirror
network.

OK, guess that is correct.  Logic being the 'Development versions' web page
should not display it until it hits the public mirrors.  Though we do link
to the TDF pre-release server directly from the page.

>We never did update the development-version download pages to remove
>references when a release was made final, It has only been updated
>when a new RC/beta/alpha build was announced to the public, but never
>when they have been promoted to the final release.

That may be the way it was done previously, but rational for the new web
site design suggests it needs to change.
With 4.2.2 released to Fresh, and 4.1.5 released to Stable only 4.2.3 rc1
should remain on the Development versions page.

>So it would be wrong to list 4.2.3 rc2 on the page at this point,
>since it has just been provided to early-testing/QA. The public
>announcement follows one day after (minimum).

Expect then that 4.2.3 rc2 alone will replace 4.2.3 rc1 on the Development
versions page. Correct?

Stuart