[Libreoffice-qa] What should Calc Chart GL3D do?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat May 24 10:08:57 PDT 2014

Hello Markus, *,
On Sa, 24. Mai 2014 18:24 Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Thomas Hackert
> <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
[new GL3D chart]
>> Steps to reproduce:
>> 1. Start Calc
>> 2. Insert "Value 1", "1", "3", "5" in the first column
>> 3. Insert "Value 2", "2", "4", "6" in the second column
>> (you can even add a third column with "Value 3", "3", "6", "9" or
>> even different headers, type of data like date, time,
>> temperature, etc. in it ... ;) )
>> 4. Go to "Insert – Object – Chart..." and click on "GL3D Bar"
>> below "Choose a chart type"
>>
>> It does not lead to any different observation, if you click
>> through the "Chart Wizard" via "Next" button or if you click on
>> "Finish" on my system ... :( I only get a white frame (object?)
>> without any chart in it ... :(
>>
>> Would someone be so kind to try it on a different system? Or is
>> here someone who can explain this chart or its functionality?
>>
>> LO: Version: 4.3.0.0.beta1 Build ID:
>> 2e39c7e59c8fc8b16a54c3d981dceef27fb0c07f
>> OS: Debian Testing i686 (parallel installed, following the
>> instructions from
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with
>> Germanophone lang- as well as helppack
>
> This feature is not ready for general use and will be removed for
> the next beta build. Please ignore it for now unless you want to

But then ... Why are its string in Pootle now? Would it not be best
to remove them there, too?

> crash Libreoffice or your graphic card driver. Sorry that it was
> not in a release ready state at the point of the feature freeze.

It does not crash LO, but it does nothing ... ;) Or I have not tried
it hard enough ... ;)
Thanks for your answer and have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #31
A:	Chicken Teriyaki.