[Libreoffice-qa] What should Calc Chart GL3D do?

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Sat May 24 10:21:13 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas,
Le 24/05/2014 19:08, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> Hello Markus, *,
> On Sa, 24. Mai 2014 18:24 Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Thomas Hackert
>> <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
> [new GL3D chart]
>>> Steps to reproduce:
>>> 1. Start Calc
>>> 2. Insert "Value 1", "1", "3", "5" in the first column
>>> 3. Insert "Value 2", "2", "4", "6" in the second column
>>> (you can even add a third column with "Value 3", "3", "6", "9" or
>>> even different headers, type of data like date, time,
>>> temperature, etc. in it ... ;) )
>>> 4. Go to "Insert – Object – Chart..." and click on "GL3D Bar"
>>> below "Choose a chart type"
>>>
>>> It does not lead to any different observation, if you click
>>> through the "Chart Wizard" via "Next" button or if you click on
>>> "Finish" on my system ... :( I only get a white frame (object?)
>>> without any chart in it ... :(
>>>
>>> Would someone be so kind to try it on a different system? Or is
>>> here someone who can explain this chart or its functionality?
>>>
>>> LO: Version: 4.3.0.0.beta1 Build ID:
>>> 2e39c7e59c8fc8b16a54c3d981dceef27fb0c07f
>>> OS: Debian Testing i686 (parallel installed, following the
>>> instructions from
>>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with
>>> Germanophone lang- as well as helppack
>>
>> This feature is not ready for general use and will be removed for
>> the next beta build. Please ignore it for now unless you want to
>
> But then ... Why are its string in Pootle now? Would it not be best
> to remove them there, too?

As we have already translated them, then better let them here for when
the feature will be ready, no need to double the work for the l10n team,
I'm sure they can be commented or extracted or ?, so we don't have to
bother about them but don't lose our work :)

Cheers
Sophie