[Libreoffice-qa] Unconfirmed jump - sorry!

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 07:42:14 PST 2014

Hey Robert,
> Hi Joel,
>
>> Furthermore, some
>> of those bugs were "self confirmed" which we recommend against. That
>> being said, if a bug is confirmed and I set it to UNCONFIRMED just set
>> it to NEW and move on....there were 350+ bugs incorrectly set...you'll
>> see more moving to UNCONFIRMED if they were set incorrectly to begin
>> with.
> Sometimes I reported bugs and the bugs where set to "New" directly by
> the system, not by me. Don't know why the system decided the bug is
> confirmed and new ...
Yeah there are some fun hiccups in bugzilla ;) But all in all:
New = Confirmed;
Unconfirmed = not confirmed;
Reopened = bug is assigned to a developer who claimed they fixed it but
the issue can still be reproduced on a later version of LibreOffice.

Sometimes you have to put a bug into NEEDINFO and then move it to
another status (for instance you can't go directly from REOPENED to
UNCONFIRMED - which is kind of crappy ;) )

Best,
Joel