[Libreoffice-qa] retest ping to UNCONFIRMED bugs older than 6 months

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:46:03 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
>> For now I'm not doing this just because there are so many other things
>> to do and as of now I'm not seeing a clear message as to what we're
>> doing....I've seen at least 3-4 proposals with different links and the
>> like. I suggest this be resolved on QA call, finalized, maybe a wiki
>> written as to what the plan is, then we can move forward.
>>

> I agree with you. QA call must decide that.

If one of you'd like to bring a proposal to the QA Meeting, that
sounds good to me. Alternatively, I think it's fine to hammer
something out on the QA list.

Beluga has some interest in some of the older groups of UNCONFIRMED
bugs, so perhaps Tommy and Beluga could chat about some ideas here,
then come back to the list or to the next QA Meeting w/a proposal.

> moreover we have to decide if pinging just UNCONFIRMED old bugs or even NEW
> bugs (excluding the easy hacks).

Pinging these bug reports makes sense as long as
1) it's going to save the QA team a lot of time
2) we're getting a good response from the bug reporters

I think that both UNCONFIRMED and NEW reports could benefit from this
type of follow-up ping, but the proof will be in the data.

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon