[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:48:12 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I used this old-new test install and checked the control points I added to
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:QA/Bugzilla/TDF_Bugzilla_Proposal
>>
>> - change password link works, but as Base URL is not configured, so there
>> are no working links in the change password message
>
> Yeah, sorry -- I've been testing out how to store the data/params file
> in git and/or salt, so the interface for vm144 (bugzilla-test) might
> be slightly broken today as I get a new test VM up and running. I'll
> try to get vm144 put back together by tonight.

vm144 is back in action

(Side note: If anyone wants to geek-out on the details of figuring out
what config should live in salt and which should live in bugzilla,
ping me on IRC and we'll chat. I'd really like to make it easy for
people to grab our config and test/play with it locally :-)

>> - Old Chart system doesn't work - seems data dir was not copied or copied
>> and permissions are wrong
>
>> - New Charts - data is not updated, stalled in March - seems collectstats.pl
>> is not enabled in cron

Okay, graphviz is now installed locally (ATT shut down their public
dot server), and the collectstats.pl script is cronified
appropriately.

(Interesting side note: If the collectstats script hasn't been run,
Bugzilla freaks out with a crazy error. I'm surprised it doesn't just
display a nice message asking the admin to set it up. If I ever have
any time to spare, I'll try to give them a patch)

>> - Whining schedules - schedules are imported, but Whining still doesn't work

Okay, I was a bit cautious about enabling whining again because I
didn't want people to get pinged accidentally by our test install, but
I deleted the whining schedules so people can now re-add them as they
like.

>> -  seems whine.pl is not enabled in cron (or emailing issue - but password
>> reset is working, or interval settings are not set to 15 minutes)

Just enabled cron job. Please try testing this again :-)

>> - FDO Bugzilla UI patches or additional pages (like
>> page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html) are missing - seems template/additional
>> files are not copied from FDO install
>
> Yep -- I only have a db dump right now.

I'd be happy to ask for tools such as the weekly-bug-summary script,
but perhaps people would like more of a break with the particular
theming used on the existing Bugzilla install. What do people think
about the FDO UI?

Best,
--R

--