[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Fri Nov 28 11:06:04 PST 2014

Hi!
Quoting from two messages..

Robinson Tryon wrote
>> - change password link works, but as Base URL is not configured, so there
>> are no working links in the change password message
> Yeah, sorry [...] I'll try to get vm144 put back together by tonight.

Fixed.

Robinson Tryon wrote
>> - Old Chart system doesn't work - seems data dir was not copied or copied
>> and permissions are wrong
>> - New Charts - data is not updated, stalled in March - seems
>> collectstats.pl
>> is not enabled in cron
> I don't have anything in the data/ dir, just a db dump. I can ask for
> that in the next db dump from FDO.
>
> Okay, graphviz is now installed locally (ATT shut down their public
> dot server), and the collectstats.pl script is cronified
> appropriately.

Old Charts - It works but it doesn't contain all data. Either you will copy
the data from FDO or regenerate those just for LibreOffice product on test
install. (How long does it take? Good to know before migration).
BTW: what crazy error do you mean? Remember that checksetup.pl script is
your friend and should be run after changing the database or templates.
New Chart - works.

Robinson Tryon wrote

>> - Whining schedules - schedules are imported, but Whining still doesn't
>> work
>
> Okay, I was a bit cautious about enabling whining again because I
> didn't want people to get pinged accidentally by our test install, but
> I deleted the whining schedules so people can now re-add them as they
> like.
>
> Just enabled cron job. Please try testing this again :-)

I can't get my test whine at test install to work. How whine.pl is croned?
Every 15 minutes? I doubt anyone is using it (as it doesn't work on FDO),
but I hope whine schedules won't be deleted after migration.

Robinson Tryon wrote

>> - personal Tags - available, but all saved searches using tags at the
>> bottom
>> are gone in my case
>
> My (one) saved search is working for me. Not sure what you mean by
> "using tags at the bottom".

You split the words wrong :) - my "saved searches using tags" at bottom of
the page are gone. I can't recollect if those have been listed on previous
test install. I think yes, not sure though.

Robinson Tryon wrote

>> Also TDF Bugzilla footnote is IMHO not clearly visible - the font is tiny
>> and blends with background on Dusk theme.
>
> It seems pretty visible to me in my browser. Specific page? (or
> screenshot would work :-)
>
> I don't want the text to steal the spotlight on each page. Any
> suggestions on how we could better present it to the users?

Just change your skin to Dusk - at 1366x768 it is tiny and the font color
blends into background. IMHO those messages should be put where they belong:

All your contributions to TDF Bugzilla will be publicly available online.
You agree to release your contributions under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC-BY-SA 4.0). - below
Additional Comments: (just like on FDO now)

If you wish to attach a file to a bug report, please make sure to remove all
personal/private information before bug submission. If you do not possess or
cannot create suitable test documents that may be released under our
licensing terms, please make a note in your bug report to this effect; the
QA Team will discuss alternatives with you. - at the Create New Attachment
page - maybe just over Submit button or below File size limit message

Hope it helps.
Best regards.
BTW: where is TDF Bugzilla source code available?