[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 07:22:30 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 6:53 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> You just need to run collectstats.pl --regenerate.

Let's see... that took about 9 minutes. The stats for the last 7
months will look a little off, of course, as this is a dump from April
;-)

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>> You split the words wrong :) - my "saved searches using tags" at bottom
>>> of
>>> the page are gone. I can't recollect if those have been listed on
>>> previous
>>> test install. I think yes, not sure though.
>> Are they listed in the saved-searches tab?  The visibility can be
>> toggled on/off -- see if that's the issue for you:
>> https://bugzilla-test.documentfoundation.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=saved-searches
>
> No, all of them are gone from the list.

Hmm, I guess I might have to go spelunking in the database dump to see
if they're store in there somewhere. Could you please give me detailed
information (a separate email is fine) about the specific searches
(params, url strings, etc..)? Please make sure to only include
searches that were present in April.

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>> IMHO those messages should be put where they belong:
>> [...]
>> That all sounds pretty reasonable to me. Want to submit a patch? :-)
>> Code's up on our Gerrit here:
>> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/projects/bugzilla
>
> Could do, but I need to know how do you want to customize TDF Bugzilla.
> Whether to change original files or put changes into template/en/custom
> directory.

So far, I've just been modifying the original files directly. That
seems like the easiest mechanism, and will hopefully make it clearer
when we rebase on top of a new version of Bugzilla:
(e.g. https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=bugzilla.git;a=commit;h=fe9a516841208ce66ebcd9818d12c7f31ff80646)

> Also please remember that template files are Bugzilla code (not
> just UI strings) and have to be updated when changed after upgrade.

Indeed, indeed. That's why I think that modifying the original files
will make it clearest what needs to change whenever we upgrade and
rebase our patches.

> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/projects/bugzilla - The page you requested
> was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page.

Sorry, couldn't test my urls when gerrit was down :P Try here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/admin/projects/bugzilla

> At https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=bugzilla.git;a=tree;hb=HEAD last
> commit message is Bump version to 4.4.4 and at test install you are running
> 4.4.6.

For each version of Bugzilla we deploy (e.g. Bugzilla 4.4.6), we
create a tdf- branch in the repo (e.g. tdf-4.4.6). We rebase (actually
more like cherry-pick, as we don't want to destroy the old branch) all
of our local changes on top of the new branch, and deploy based on
that tip. I made some notes here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Development

> BTW: are you sure that you want to run TDF Bugzilla on nginx? Do you have
> better performance? Bugzilla's developers are keen to tune up its
> performance and enable some features on Apache as default webserver
> (mod_perl or mod_headers, mod_expires, mod_env modules).

I'm not wedded to nginx, but some of the preliminary work for the
migration was tested against nginx, so I continued using it. In my
testing of Bugzilla, I tried both nginx and Apache, and both worked
quite well for me. I believe that a fair portion of TDF infra
currently runs on nginx, so unless you've seen some significant
performance differences, I'm inclined to use nginx for now.

Cheers,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon