[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Sat Nov 29 15:53:07 PST 2014

Hi!

Robinson Tryon wrote
> I'm not sure if the software is set up to regenerate historical data.
> Do you know?
> I'll add this to the list of items to request from the FDO admins
> (https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/936).
> If my guess is right, then regeneration w/o the old data is not
> feasible, and with it is a no-op, so it should take no time at all!
> :-)

You just need to run collectstats.pl --regenerate.

Robinson Tryon wrote
>> I can't get my test whine at test install to work. How whine.pl is
>> croned?
>> Every 15 minutes?
> Yep, please try again (I just removed and reinstalled the cron job).

It works.

Robinson Tryon wrote
>>> My (one) saved search is working for me. Not sure what you mean by
>>> "using tags at the bottom".
>> You split the words wrong :) - my "saved searches using tags" at bottom
>> of
>> the page are gone. I can't recollect if those have been listed on
>> previous
>> test install. I think yes, not sure though.
> Are they listed in the saved-searches tab?  The visibility can be
> toggled on/off -- see if that's the issue for you:
> https://bugzilla-test.documentfoundation.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=saved-searches

No, all of them are gone from the list.

Robinson Tryon wrote
>> IMHO those messages should be put where they belong:
> [...]
> That all sounds pretty reasonable to me. Want to submit a patch? :-)
> Code's up on our Gerrit here:
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/projects/bugzilla

Could do, but I need to know how do you want to customize TDF Bugzilla.
Whether to change original files or put changes into template/en/custom
directory. Also please remember that template files are Bugzilla code (not
just UI strings) and have to be updated when changed after upgrade.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/projects/bugzilla - The page you requested
was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page.
At https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=bugzilla.git;a=tree;hb=HEAD last
commit message is Bump version to 4.4.4 and at test install you are running
4.4.6.

BTW: are you sure that you want to run TDF Bugzilla on nginx? Do you have
better performance? Bugzilla's developers are keen to tune up its
performance and enable some features on Apache as default webserver
(mod_perl or mod_headers, mod_expires, mod_env modules).
Best regards.