[Libreoffice-qa] Prioritizing Misprioritized NEW Bugs

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:49:59 PST 2014

Hi All,

In order to increase confidence in our bug tracking system, it'd be
great if we could start prioritizing NEW (and other) bugs correctly -
starting with those that are WAY over-prioritized.

Guidance:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/0/06/Prioritizing_Bugs_Flowchart.jpg

Comments: Remember to leave a comment: (1) Thanking user for reporting;
(2) letting them know you're just prioritizing; (3) ask them nicely not
to play around with the settings :)

*Blockers - *Note that blockers are *extremely rare* - so probably all
of these are misprioritized
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=blocker&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=499918&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced

*Critical - *Should only apply to essentially blockers or severe data
loss (in rare occasions "common" features behaving poorly but that's rare)
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=499923&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced

*Major - *Also pretty rare, data loss, crashers, main features not
working (like inability to print on multiple printers, etc . . .)
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=major&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=499923&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced

Most of these bugs will be "normal" or even "minor" bugs (inability to
create professional quality work or slowing down the ability). Some
users will likely respond poorly - we should handle these as nice as can
be but if they refuse to cooperate, feel free to ping me.

Lastly - with crashers/data loss, a fresh test with current version is
always appreciated.

Thanks everyone for the incredible work!

Best,
Joel