[Libreoffice-qa] Post Building MySQL connectors for 32 and 64 bit versions for LibreOffice 4.3 in Linux

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:09:52 PDT 2014

On 10/01/2014 12:10 PM, Thomas Hackert wrote:
> Hello Dan, *
>
> On Tuesday, 30. September 2014 20:30 ElderDanLewis wrote:
>> The web page for the MySQL Native Connector to which i referred is
>>
>> http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/mysql-native-connector
> ah, O.K. The last time I looked there, there was no extension to
> download ... :(
>
>> mysql-connector-ooo_1.oxt
>> <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4124313/mysql-connector-ooo_1.oxt>
>> mysql-connector-ooo_1.oxt
>> <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4124313/mysql-connector-ooo_1.oxt>
>>
>> These are the connectors I built. Both are for Linux versions
>> only. The first one is suppose to be the 32 bit version and the
>> second one should be the 64 bit version.
> Thank you very much :) Just out of interest: After I installed the
> version from extension.l.o and then wanted to install your *_1.oxt
> version, the Extension Manager asked me, if I wanted to replace my
> already installed 1.0.3 with your *_1.oxt version, which he seems to
> recognise as version 1.0.2 ... :( Is this expected? Otherwise, it
> seems to work :) But I did only a quick test (is it installable? Can
> I connect LO with MariaDB 10.1?) with LO 4.2.6, 4.3.1-2 and master
> (Version: 4.4.0.0.alpha0+ Build ID:
> ed95e1c5619e2cb2a8f6d93a1b7c45f36f1524dd TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-
> x86 at 45-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2014-09-12_11:30:45 on Debian
> Testing i686, it works so far ... ;)
>
> Thanks again and have a nice evening
> Thomas.
      The version number is in the Description.xml file in the oxt file.
I had not changed  "1.02" to "1.04_3" in the 32 bit version which you
used. I had  earlier changed this in the 64 bit version, and I thought I
had changed this in the 32 bit version. I have now corrected this error.
Thank you for finding it.
      I have a 32 bit MacBook running Kubuntu 14.04 and a 64 bit tower
running Ubuntu 12.04. Both have MySQL 5.5 running. I had no problem
installing the correct mysql connector in either of them. I Then I was
able to access the mysql server, open a database, and even added and
modified some data with no problems.
      I tested these connectors with LibreOffice 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3. They
do not work with 4.1, but both work with 4.2 and 4.3.
      Whether they will work with MariaDB 10.x or not I do not know.
This would have to be determined by someone who has it on their
computer. I strictly use MySQL.

Dan