[Libreoffice-qa] Post Building MySQL connectors for 32 and 64 bit versions for LibreOffice 4.3 in Linux
thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Oct 1 10:29:28 PDT 2014
Hello Dan, *,
On Mi, 1. Oktober 2014 19:09 Dan Lewis wrote:
> On 10/01/2014 12:10 PM, Thomas Hackert wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30. September 2014 20:30 ElderDanLewis wrote:
>>> These are the connectors I built. Both are for Linux versions
>>> only. The first one is suppose to be the 32 bit version and the
>>> second one should be the 64 bit version.
>> Thank you very much :) Just out of interest: After I installed
>> the version from extension.l.o and then wanted to install your
>> *_1.oxt version, the Extension Manager asked me, if I wanted to
>> replace my already installed 1.0.3 with your *_1.oxt version,
>> which he seems to recognise as version 1.0.2 ... :( Is this
>> expected? Otherwise, it seems to work :) But I did only a quick
>> test (is it installable? Can I connect LO with MariaDB 10.1?)
>> with LO 4.2.6, 4.3.1-2 and master (Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha0+ Build
>> ID: ed95e1c5619e2cb2a8f6d93a1b7c45f36f1524dd TinderBox:
>> Linux-rpm_deb- x86 at 45-TDF, Branch:master, Time:
>> 2014-09-12_11:30:45 on Debian Testing i686, it works so far ...
> The version number is in the Description.xml file in the oxt
> I had not changed "1.02" to "1.04_3" in the 32 bit version which
> used. I had earlier changed this in the 64 bit version, and I
> thought I had changed this in the 32 bit version. I have now
> corrected this error. Thank you for finding it.
You are welcome :)
> I have a 32 bit MacBook running Kubuntu 14.04 and a 64 bit
> running Ubuntu 12.04. Both have MySQL 5.5 running. I had no
> problem installing the correct mysql connector in either of them.
> I Then I was able to access the mysql server, open a database, and
> even added and modified some data with no problems.
> I tested these connectors with LibreOffice 4.1, 4.2, and
> 4.3. They
> do not work with 4.1, but both work with 4.2 and 4.3.
> Whether they will work with MariaDB 10.x or not I do not
I have create a data table in LO with MariaDB 10.1, and added a
couple of data sets. This has worked so far :) Also closing the ODB
file and reopen it again has not shown any problem.
> This would have to be determined by someone who has it on their
> computer. I strictly use MySQL.
See above. The only things, which I have not tested by now, are
forms and queries, sorry ... :( Maybe I will find some time this
weekend to test it .. ;)
Have a nice evening
Ask not for whom the Bell tolls, and you will pay only the station-
-- Howard Kandel
More information about the Libreoffice-qa