[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Fri Oct 17 23:58:18 PDT 2014

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 05:22:56 +0200, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Okay - if you want I'll run this with my normal needinfo cleanup on the
> first of the month. How's that sound?
>
> Best,
> Joel

sounds nice. I suggest to wait a few days more for the release of LibO
4.3.3 (Week 44 , Oct 27, 2014 - Nov 2, 2014) in order to have the latest
Fresh release available for testing.

I'm just curious to know what would be the actual numbers of UNCONFIRMED
and NEW bugs with last comment older than 6 months and 1 year.

can you obtain those numbers to have a simulation of what would be the
corrispondent mail traffic that we are going to generate? can you do that
with your Bugzilla admin "powers" ?

once we have those numbers we may decide wheter to run the "please retest
ping campaign" against 6 months old bugs or just 1 year old bugs.

as said before, the first real test has to be done on UNCONFIRMED bugs,
maybe we can already ping 6 months old bugs which should not be that many
(exact numbers needed though)

also give a look at my mockup automated message and tell me if look good
in english:

Dear users, this bug report has shown no new comments in the last 6 months.

or

Dear users, this bug report has shown no new comments in the last 12
months.

Newer LibO releases with hundred of bugifixes and new features have been
releases meanwhile, so please retest with latest LibO release (4.3.3.2)
and give feedback of the actual status of the bug.

If the bug is not reproducible anymore, please post a comment and set
status to RESOLVED WORKSFORME.
If the bug is still present leave status UNCHANGED and post a new comment
telling the LibO version and O/S where you retested.

Regardless of what you find in newer versions, the VERSION fields should
stay at the _first_ version that showed the buggy behaviour, so please do
not change that value to a later version.